Electivire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
There is 7 Gym Leader Spots Open. Get it while you Can!

Learn Programming Languages

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joebab

joebab

Learn Programming Languages Empty
PostSubject: Learn Programming Languages   Learn Programming Languages EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:12 am

Hey Soccerryly,
I think if you really want to get a good forum going you need to learn some programming languages and make your own from scratch.
I know it takes months, even years, to get really good at. But if you want a really successful forum you need to make it from scratch.
This is a good place to start but it is nothing compared to a "home-made" forum.
With a forum you make from scratch you could add anything you wanted. A game section would be one of the better things.
Seriously if you take the time to learn CSS or something like that it will pay off.
Back to top Go down
Soccerryle
Admin
Soccerryle

Gym Badges : Learn Programming Languages 21

PostSubject: Re: Learn Programming Languages   Learn Programming Languages EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:16 am

joebab wrote:
Hey Soccerryly,
I think if you really want to get a good forum going you need to learn some programming languages and make your own from scratch.
I know it takes months, even years, to get really good at. But if you want a really successful forum you need to make it from scratch.
This is a good place to start but it is nothing compared to a "home-made" forum.
With a forum you make from scratch you could add anything you wanted. A game section would be one of the better things.
Seriously if you take the time to learn CSS or something like that it will pay off.

Thanks for the idea.
I'm HTML-Fluent.
I tried CSS and it made me want to rip my arm off. It pissed me off soooo bad.

Never tried Javascript, but I hear it's harder than CSS.. >______<
Back to top Go down
https://electivire.forumotion.com
joebab

joebab

PostSubject: Re: Learn Programming Languages   Learn Programming Languages EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:29 am

Yes they are all too complicated for me except html I can do a bit of that.
I have another suggestion. I think you shouldn't base this site around playing the games online.
I think if it was just a general Pokemon Forum you would get more users.
Back to top Go down
Soccerryle
Admin
Soccerryle

PostSubject: Re: Learn Programming Languages   Learn Programming Languages EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:34 am

joebab wrote:
Yes they are all too complicated for me except html I can do a bit of that.
I have another suggestion. I think you shouldn't base this site around playing the games online.
I think if it was just a general Pokemon Forum you would get more users.

Well, most people who joined have Diamond, Pearl and/or platinum.

I think it's fine to stay on General Wi-Fi. Flash Games may come later.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Soccerryle
Admin
Soccerryle

PostSubject: Re: Learn Programming Languages   Learn Programming Languages EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 5:49 am

Sorry for Double Posting but I just had a MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH.

I finally learned a bit about CSS! AND IT DIDNT MAKE ME WANT TO SHOOT MY COMPUTER!!!!!

I finally figured out where exactly to put the CSS to get it to work, and that solved ALL my problems.

If I master CSS, you know what comes next. Javascript!

With HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, this Forum will be Amazing (:

Thanks Everyone!! =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learn Programming Languages   Learn Programming Languages Empty

Back to top Go down

Learn Programming Languages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Electivire Forums :: Forum :: Comments & Suggestions-
Jump to: